GHX Expands 2016 GHXcellence Program with New Award Categories Honoring Healthcare Supply Chain Leaders
Nominations Open for Awards Recognizing Organizations Using the Supply Chain to Improve the Efficiency and Excellence in Healthcare
- Monday, January 09, 2017 -
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) annually honors the top performing and most forward-thinking organizations and individuals through its GHXcellence Awards program. GHX is expanding that recognition with four new awards: Excellence in UDI & Standards for providers and suppliers, Excellence in ePayables for suppliers and Excellence in Contract Management for suppliers. Winners will be announced at the 17th annual Healthcare Supply Chain Summit, April 24-26, 2017 at the Gaylord National Resort in National Harbor, Md.
The GHXcellence Awards blend quantitative and qualitative criteria to honor true healthcare supply chain leaders and innovation. The winners represent organizations and individuals that maximize supply chain potential to drive out costs and improve patient care. Healthcare providers and suppliers of all sizes and geographies are welcome to submit nominations for the GHXcellence Awards through March 1, 2017. Complete award criteria and the nomination form can be found on GHX awards webpages.
Criteria for the new GHXcellence Awards include:
- Excellence in UDI & Standards – Provider: Recognizes the provider leading efforts to incorporate global standards and unique device identifiers (UDI) in clinical, financial and supply chain systems and processes.
- Excellence in UDI & Standards – Supplier: Recognizes the supplier that has best led efforts to incorporate global data standards and UDI not only internally, but also in a manner that helps providers do the same.
- Excellence in ePayables – Supplier: Honors a supplier demonstrating the value of automating invoicing and payment processes.
- Excellence in Contract Management – Supplier: Recognizes a supplier leading the drive for improving contract price alignment and efficiencies through automation.
The 2016 program also includes long-standing awards, which have been recognizing the top performing and most forward-thinking healthcare supply chains in the industry for more than a decade.
- U.S. and Canadian Providers of the Year: Honors winners in three categories – large, small to mid-size – in the U.S. and Canada that represent the most strategic, successful supply chain initiatives.
- Excellence in eProcurement: Recognizes excellence in overall spend automation, solution utilization, and execution and effectiveness.
- Excellence in ePayables: Honors a provider demonstrating the value of automating invoice and payment processes.
- Excellence in Content Management: Recognizes an organization that has demonstrated exceptional commitment to clean, synchronized data and is reaping the benefits through reduced errors and improved contract alignment.
- Excellence in Contract Management: Recognizes an organization leading the drive for process efficiencies, contract optimization and compliance by automating contracting functions.
- Excellence in Vendor Credentialing & Compliance: Recognizes the provider setting the standard for optimizing sourcing, contracting and onboarding, credentialing and payment approval, and performance review.
- Most Improved Provider: Recognizes the provider with the most impressive year-over-year gains in growing its utilization of GHX solutions, and driving efficiencies and savings.
- U.S., Canadian and EU Suppliers of the Year: Celebrates winners in four categories – large and small volume U.S., Canadian and European Union – and recognizes those with the highest performing supply chains in those regions.
- Excellence in Vendor Credentialing & Compliance: Recognizes the supplier leading the way in streamlining and efficiently managing its credentialing program.
- Supply Chain Leadership Award – Provider and Supplier: Recognizes an individual from a provider or supplier organization who is transforming the healthcare supply chain through the innovative use of technology and trading-partner collaboration.
- Trading Partner Pair of the Year: Celebrates a provider and supplier that have closely collaborated on supply chain initiatives to improve mutual business performance.
- Rookie of the Year: Honors the provider or supplier who has been on the GHX Exchange less than two years and has demonstrated its ability to accelerate time-to-value in critical areas that drive supply chain performance.
In addition, GHX will again recognize the GHX Provider Best 50, the top 50 hospital performers determined by the 2016 GHX Provider Scorecard (not open for nominations; winners ranked by GHX data) as well as the Millennium Club - provider and supplier organizations that generate over 1 million automated transactions (including advanced order sets) annually through the GHX Exchange to create efficiencies, accuracy and visibility for their own organizations and for their trading partners.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) drives costs out of healthcare with cloud-based supply chain management technology and services in order to help enable better patient care and savings by maximizing automation, efficiency, and accuracy of business processes. GHX offers healthcare providers and suppliers an open and neutral electronic trading exchange that delivers procurement and accounts payable automation, contract and inventory management, vendor credentialing and management, business intelligence, payment management and other supply chain-related tools and services. For more information, visit www.ghx.com and The Healthcare Hub.